As I enjoy a week long Thanksgiving vacation, I've dived I to an incredible book called Psycho Cybernetics. Long name, right? It's actually delightfully simple... and deep. Written by an old-school plastic surgeon who spent years analyzing his patients' psyches and self images, it lists out some awesome ways to set goals, evaluate your inner chatter, refresh your view of yourself, and live an overall happy and self aware LIFE!
I'm all about that!
One of the first activities listed in the book is to write out some "truths" about the TYPE of person you want to be. By focusing on identifiying and accepting the type of person you wish to become, you end up achieving the benefits of actually BEING more outgoing, a better golfer, a confident employee, or WHATEVER you wish to be!
Here's my preliminary sketch of who I am. Read it and go write your own! The only limits on who you can be are ALWAYS placed there by YOU!
What Type of Person am I?
1. Full of life and energy. I always say "yes" when presented with new challenges and opportunities. My base assumption is that things will always be FUN.
2. I'm calm in moments of turmoil. I don't feel the need to crowd out the pain inside with distracting actions or statements.
3. I live without fear of my weight and without sharing/obsessing about it because I know that thin thighs is my birth right and by staring at what I don't want, I will never look up to see what I do want. I'm the type of person who lives in a 129lb (or less) body. I am the girl who finds the combo of foods to help me thrive!
4. Every moment I choose happiness. No matter how crummy I think things are, my inner light is controlled by my decision to be happy and beautiful.
5. I'm the type of person that refuses to worry or hang onto guilt because these things trap me and prevent me from enjoying my treasures.
6. I'm the type of person that calmly CRUSHES it at work. Every DAY. I refuse to get down in the moment because speed bumps threaten the path. I relax knowing I have the power within and it is my mind that attempts to throw me off the path because the way is new and unfamiliar.
7. I am the unconsciously competent person whose mind is so engulfed in what I'm doing that I lose track of how I look to others and focus on the moment.
8. I am the type of person who fearlessly pursues creating sandals and ignores harmful self-talk bent on stopping me from creating beautiful things. I am the girl who sets out an organized plan and doesn't let a large project overwhelm me.
9. I am the girl who is easily aroused and not dismayed by emotional duress because I deserve sexual freedom and pleasure.
10. I am the girl who assumes the best in people rather then jumping to negative conclusions that may not even be there. I am the girl who loves and blesses those better off than I because I am comfortable with myself and my path and I know those who succeed before me are there to light my way.
11. I am a generous, loving, and self-less girl who has fun by giving others joy.
12. I am the outgoing, confident, friendly girl who loves talking to people and learning about THEM because true souls care for each other. I will no doubt get back more then I receive. My circle of cool friends is large and I think of positive, true things to encourage and inspire them with.
13. I relish my present without destroying it with lofty goals for the future. My "now" is as potent as my "when."
14. I constantly adapt and change to new scenarios with great mental and emotional fortitude. My psyche is robust and isn't easily daunted. Whether moving, starting a business, working things out with my lover or family, I rejoice in every opportunity to LIVE.
15. My smile is constant and my body is relaxed and open to accept love from others and myself. My breathing is deep, calm, and regular giving me hope and courage.
16. I seldom over-complicate things. I learn quickly and don't need things repeated twice to grasp them and recall them. Names and faces are a cinch to remember. Good habits come naturally to me. Mental challenges quickly unravel in my adroit brain. I no longer stall on making tough choices because of the confidence and courage I know resides deep within my strong person.
17. I routinely and gracefully take breaks every day to recharge and fan the light within to ensure my spirit is full and whole.
This took about 20 minutes to bang out. I feel awesome about it. The next 30 days are going to be insane for me as I set about to correct negative assumptions I've let myself believe about myself for years and consciously replace them with a new, healthy TRUTH! Join along!
|It's hard NOT to be happy in a hat with a bow!|