Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shakespeare's Sonnet 54


"The rose looks fair, but fairer we it deem 
For that sweet odour which doth in it live." 



Soft, baby pink roses are completely covering this pole.
Here's a lovely treat for you -
some gorgeous flowers from Portland's Rose Garden!

August is obviously an AWESOME time to visit as almost every variety was cloaked in blooms. I was completely overwhelmed with the experience!

After tucking my nose into dozens of roses, I can now say with confidence that roses have decidedly different "odours," as the Bard refers to their scent. A two-toned red and pink variety called "Rock and Roll" smelled sweet, punchy, and spicy while a full-formed soft mauve rose gave off a light, but consistent aroma that smelled like Parisian memories.

What a lush and unexpected experience!
What fun place will you go explore?

I want a HUGE bouquet in my office! <3

This one reminds me of Starburst fruit chews!

Can you spy Portland ? :)

This is only one of the main alleys

Playing Alice in Wonderland. Keep an eye out for the angry Queen of Hearts!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh absolutely beautiful! I want a big bouquet in my office too! =)

    xx Missy
    www.myconcretecatwalk.com

    ReplyDelete