Monday, August 5, 2013

Mood, Mindset, and a Movie

What the HECK is a MoodPanda?!

Ever notice how you feel like a BILLION bucks at some point in the day, only to have a few hours pass and your practically ready to slit your wrists???? If you're like me, this pattern gets EXHAUSTING.

Here's my latest plan (along with healthy eating, proper sleep, exercise...): track my moods throughout the day at 5 key times for a month and analyze the data to see if I can outsmart myself and circumvent some (underscore "some") of the crazy! :)

Found this cool app called "MoodPanda" in the app store. It uses a sliding scale from 0-10 to help you rate your mood along with a space for a few lines of text describing what's up. Although it's very social-media-y and I see plenty of whining worldwide, I'm using it as a private tracker. Love the graphs and little diary that allows you to look back over your thoughts. Pretty sweet.

I had to set a reminder in my iPhone for 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm, and 9:30pm so I always take note at the same time daily.

Here's the scale I'm using to keep the number ratings consistent:


10. I'm invincible and fully realized! There are no limits

9. Just one more thing...and everything's perfect!

8. Pretty good:) 

7. Optimistic and cheery

6. Positive contentment. I'm on the right path.

5. Neutral

4. Slight anxiety

3. I'm in a funk

2. K, now I'm angry/mad/grumpy

1. I feel totally worthless. I add no value to this world. F this.

0. I'm dead.



This research project will definitely be intriguing. Hope I can learn some new, personal cheat codes! :)

Mindset and Movie

Movies that change you are the successful ones. Just watched one that inspired some SERIOUS action-taking! :)

 After watching Erin Brockovich with Julia Roberts, I immediately opened my laptop and tackled some copywriting that I had been avoiding for WEEKS. Seeing Erin scrape by with her babies and hours and HOURS of hot, sweaty, thankless work before she finally accomplished a seeminly impossible task was a fabulous reminder to fight and pursue the things that are important to you. Thinking big picture and long term is tough....but reflecting on her pigheaded determination and how it was the only thing that brought some relief to hundreds of people, gave me some extra juice to sucker-punch my duties.


If you feel like an underdog (and are tired of watching Rocky!;)   ), flip on E.B. You won't regret it.







Sandal Update!


Tiny update for the sandal project! 

1. I've finished the colored pencil sketches (after finally tracking down my Prismacolors! Phew!). 
2. The graphic artists are going to create the computer renderings this week!
3. Still looking for a local prototyper. Everyone wants to work in bulk or just doesn't get these kind of requests. :/ Okay, no biggie...I'll keep searching. There's got to be a PDX cobbler or leather worker interested! 
4. Messaging a few folks on Etsy to see if they could remotely create my samples off of the sketches.


Here's this week's action items: 

1. Identify some similar blogs, FB pages were I can find some ladies (or guys!) who would be interested in pre-ordering!
2. Settling on a name! Yikes - so many to choose from.
3. Popping up my website. 

Enjoy the pics below and bounce me a message or comment sharing the status of YOUR latest project! :)
Can't wait to see what you amazing people are up to! 

Scattered art....soon to be REALITY!


Wedgie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment